In this video, we’ll discuss journalist outreach in Hike and how you can utilise the Help a Reporter Out (HARO) database to potentially gain free press and backlinks for your site. Hike makes it easy to identify these opportunities without having to sift through numerous irrelevant requests. This saves you time and allows you to focus on relevant opportunities for potential backlinks. Watch the video below or read the summary underneath:
To find the journalist outreach feature in Hike, follow these steps:
- Go to “Backlinks” > “Backlink Opportunities” > “Journalist Outreach.”
- Watch the short help video for additional information, if needed.
The HARO database updates constantly, featuring journalists worldwide seeking people to interview or gather information from for their stories. As a subject matter expert, business owner, or industry expert, this is your opportunity to offer your expertise in exchange for a reference, backlink, or increased exposure.
Here’s how to use the journalist outreach feature effectively:
- Enter relevant keywords to track specific requests related to your industry, products, or services.
- Skim through HARO requests in the left-hand column, paying attention to headlines and deadlines.
- Assess if the request fits your expertise or story.
- If it’s relevant, click “Get in Touch” to generate a response template.
- Replace the bolded text with your response, pitch, or contact details.
After customising your response, you can also modify the email subject line before submitting. Be sure to check the HARO database daily for new opportunities, as they can fill up quickly.
You may also find relevant Twitter requests, though HARO is the most valuable. Reach out to journalists to gain potential exposure and backlinks.
Once you’ve submitted a response, you can view and track your submissions by checking the “Submissions” tab.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Give Hike SEO a try as it’s a valuable tool to build your backlinks, secure higher rankings, and increase organic traffic.